Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

St. Paul's Greek Festival 2009



This past weekend (with the exception of Saturday when I shot a wedding with Huntington Images which was awesome), I spent hours and hours at my church's annual Greek Festival. It was so great!

St. Paul's (in Irvine) holds the Greek Festival every year and it's becoming more and more known throughout LA and Orange Counties (with the great work from Morgan Marketing and Public Relations). There are some people that actually keep tabs on all the Greek festivals going on throughout the year and visit them all. What a hobby! I just go to ours, at my home away from home, St. Paul's on Alton Pkwy. I just adore this massive and intense event. It's so great.

People come for the food, the dancing, the shopping, the fun games and rides for kids, the pastries but most importantly, the CULTURE. I am not Greek. But I am a Greek-wanna-be and happily so. I say 'Opa!' I dance in circles, I eat a ton of great food, and I make the sign of the cross. Therefore, I feel like I am a legitimate 'Greekie.' So while it may not be in my blood, it's in my head, my heart and my soul. I love it.

I really should have made this post LAST week to hopefully draw ya'll out to Irvine so you could enjoy the fun, food and fabulous-ness along with me. But it was a busy week last week and technically, I was working the entire weekend anyway. I did my first shift as a server at the bar (I really should be a server one day, I swear I'd be so good at that job), made salads for hours in the kitchen and helped with admissions. So I didn't have too much hang-out time, but so enjoyed every moment spent with my church family and am so excited for next year. Already, yes.

New dates next year! No longer in September: we're moving it up to June 25, 26 and 27...2010. Be there. And this Greekie will pour you some ouzo and we'll cheer, 'OPA!'



...eat some Greek lollipops (aka, lambchops) from our grill masters...mmm...


then chow down a gyro from the beautiful gyro makin' ladies...


and finish it off with some pastries from the fabulous Philoptochos ladies...


See you next year!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie!

    I didn't make it this year to the St. Paul's Festival, I went years ago with my Mom and it was so enjoyable. I will take Randy along with me next year in June so he can see the great dancing and we will definitely say "Opa!" with you! Thought of you last night as we took a "Digital SLR" class - told Randy you would be proud of us! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete