Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Facebook Help

I love Facebook. There. I said it. And here's a little bit on why...

When I first heard about myspace years ago, the guy who told me said, 'it's so cool, you can find old friends from high school...' and no offense ya'll who knew me then, but that deterred my interest immediately. I thought, 'but I haven't talked to them, I'm fine without them, why would I want to 'find' them?' So I stayed out of the whole social networking sphere for quite awhile, content in my little bubble.

Then. THEN. I realized how great it was to CONNECT with people. ALL people. Outside of social networking online...I started to network with people that I already knew, and followed up more with new contacts as they came. It was awesome! I was making more and more friends and growing in my relationships and growing in my business as well. I always said I want to HELP PEOPLE, and I started spreading that out to more and more people, my hands, my head, my heart...and my life began to blossom.

Gosh this is getting mushy.

But really! FACEBOOK--I love it! And here's why: I get to SHARE with people. I get to give people a little glimpse into my life and I in return get to see highlights of theirs. I get to offer advice, or knowledge, or interesting facts or articles that I come across. I get to show people my images, my vision, my view of life. I get to see and be seen. I get to help and be helped.

pertinent EXAMPLE: yesterday, a friend and woman I've worked with a few times, the fantastic and beautiful Gianna of Chic Celebrations sent out this post:


and as you can see, I quickly responded and within ten minutes, I had this jpeg for her:


It took me minutes and it saved her potential hours and headaches of confusion and stress. A simple helping hand to a simple Facebook friend.

I've randomly helped someone on Facebook and Twitter and LinkedIn before; I've reached out online for help from others before too. It's just another avenue to connect and share and be human with other humans.

So I love Facebook. Glad I finally get it...and said it.

3 comments:

  1. You've come a long way Lovato. I remember how hesitant you were to join when we first talked about FB. :)

    ReplyDelete