Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Love the Most - Lovato Images

Please forgive my lack of blogging the last week or two. I had family in town (which I'll be blogging about soon!) which kept me away from my computer. Then, the day they all left, a tragic accident I witnessed left me completely lost. It was all I could do to keep most of the appointments I had last week. So please, forgive anything or anywhere I was lacking last week. I haven't exactly been myself.

So, to step back into this, I thought I'd reflect on a question I get a lot. People often ask me what I like to shoot the most. I do shoot a LOT of different things and while it might be stretching some of my efforts more than it should, I'm going to keep the diversity going for now. Because. Really. I do enjoy it all.

There are MANY things I love about photography and being a photographer and working in this fantastically creative field. But one of my favorite things about my shoots, is that I'm able to step outside of myself, and immerse myself, my work and my heart into the stories I'm shooting. I might be having a really rough day, but I show up to shoot, and the energy and the chemistry of the people in front of my lens warms me up, wraps me tight and takes all my cares away. Seriously.

So thank you. For all of you who have been in front of my lens, for all of you who have let me into your stories, into your lives, into your energy and love...thank you. I've taken a part of you with me, and taken your story and shared it my way. And I appreciate the experience and the memories we'll keep forever, one digital file, one print, one click at a time...

So to answer the question, 'what do I like to shoot best...' my response is...wherever I am able to feel, share and showcase the most love, I definitely love the most.


Lindsay and Drew during their engagement shoot in Anaheim Hills, July 12, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment