Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Perla + Hector | Engagement Party | Event Photography

Perla and Hector are getting married in August in Hawaii. And gosh darnit, I was booked already! Otherwise I'd have a plane ticket and hotel booked and be getting my sunscreen and bikinis ready to go...! And all my photography gear too, of course!

But, fortunately, this fantastic couple booked me to shoot their wedding reception/engagement party here in SoCal. And even more fortunately, I got to shoot side by side with one of my fave wedding vendors, Mike McCaleb from Mission Visual. It's always so great to work with quality professionals who are not only great at what they do, but fun too!

So Perla and Hector and their families gathered at the lovely little Town Center Hall in Santa Fe Springs a few Saturdays ago for an evening of celebration. Perla and Hector spent a few minutes outside with Mike and I to get some portraits and a few dance moves in before they hit the party. Perla straightened Hector's tie and we were ready for the grand entrance.

They were greeted inside with such a warmth that I had to keep the images warm toned to showcase the loveliness of their family ties. It has been said that when a couple are married, the families are united and it was really beautiful to see that manifested between the Castillos and Padillas earlier this July. The dancing began, and it was nothing but laughter and more hugs between shimmies. So fun. Thanks for sharing all that with me, Perla, Hector and families...

Muchos anos maravillosos a usted!















1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, Jackie! That was fun, and I think these show the fun really well!

    ReplyDelete