Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mission IS Possible - Medical Mission to Tanzania - 2010 Documentary Photography

Members of our medical mission team as well as a few other generous and giving souls met last night at St. Paul's in Irvine for our 'packing party.' We spent about 4 hours and packed 500 pounds and about $60,000 worth (retail value) of medication and supplies for our journey.

We're flying out this weekend and after about 30+ hours of travel, we're to arrive in Entebbe, Uganda. They've been confiscating meds and supplies from missionaries, so our packing was strategic last night, as we lined the bags with clothes for padding to block the sound and feel of the medication inside. Then we had to make sure each bag was under weight so that we won't get charged (gotta love our safe airlines these days), and in some cases, unpack and repack.

We also had to inventory every item packed. And for the service based business that I'm accustomed to, this was an interesting step. How do you product based businesses do it?! I suppose a seamless system and lots of organization.

After the last bag was zipped, we sat around discussing miscellaneous details and tips and pointers from the been-there-before travelers to we first-timers. I couldn't help but notice the vibrance charge the room despite our solemn discussion. We'd be sitting together in the very same fashion in Tanzania at the same time next week.

It's going to be an intense journey. I will update my blog as much as possible while I'm away.

But it's official: we're ready.












































No comments:

Post a Comment