Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Lifestyle Photographer - 2010 Reflection

So over the last few days, I've stayed away from the blog because I wanted to do a post on The Decade. And maybe I still will.

But with all this pondering, I realized that I don't need a decade to end to self reflect on what happened to me and to my life and how I have grown and changed. I don't need the turning of the calendar year to determine when I should look within.

I'm reading A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller (great book so far) and something struck me last night...

'...he said, essentially, humans are alive for the purpose of journey, a kind of three-act structure. They are born and spend several years discovering themselves and the world, then plod through a long middle in which they are compelled to search for a mate and reproduce and also create stability out of natural instability, and then they find themselves at an ending that seems to be designed for reflection.'

I don't want to wait until the third stage of my life to reflect. I want to reflect daily! This journey is insane and I'm having a blast, and I want to learn from it all today. I want to think about all I've done right now. I don't want to wait until the end of a decade or the end of my life to think about it and grow from it. I want to do that all the time!

So, with that being said, it should be known, that I'm in heavy self-reflection mode right now. I've completed a decade of living, I've found more wrinkles on my face, I've got an open mind and an open heart, and I'm leaving for the other side of the world in just a few days. I'm READY.

And I'm thankful. I'm so blessed and so rich in so many ways. And most importantly right now, I'm rich with relationships.

My roommate and I hosted a little dinner party last month and had it catered by a private chef (ask me about him, he's amazing!) and themed our night with this thought, 'take time for kindness and fun giving, take time for friends and happy living, don't let time fly by, come spend an evening with friends.' I thought they were good images to go along with this post.

Love you all.






don't let time fly by...







Rick's wife made this amazing lemon cheesecake! mmm!

and the lovely hostess of the evening, taking a load off by the fire at the end of the night...
isn't she beautiful???

2 comments:

  1. Where are you going on the other side of the world? And yes, your pictures and your roomie are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW all i can say is WOW! first i was captured by your words, completely shutting out the racket here @ the shop and took a moment to do my own reflecting. I snapped out of it when i scrolled down to the AWEsome photos from the dinner, it doesnt even look like "our" house. TRUELY beautiful. and then the last pic took me by suprise; when did you take that & geez im showing a lot of leg! your an extrodinary photographer, absolutely gifted. cheers my friend!

    ReplyDelete