Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Living Together - TANZANIA - Documentary Photography

So as the 'official photographer,' I feel I fell a little short.

I am usually SO focused on shooting when I travel (ask some of my former travel companions and the level of frustration they felt having to wait for me on every walk we'd take, for verification if you doubt), but this trip my focus was...well...I guess at a 22 instead of a 5.6. My eyes, mind and heart were wide open, but I was focused on all aspects of the journey instead of fine tuning within photography.

I shot a ton, undeniably. But not how I had planned...

But life doesn't always go as we plan.

And that is one thing I learned from the Africans: life is about survival and caring for ourselves and one another. That's it. We can plan for this and that, but the day comes to an end and we look back on what we've done, all that really matters is that we are living together. Really.

It is the people that make our lives rich. It is the relationships and the connections and the caring for one another that provides true abundance.

Look into the eyes of these children and tell me you see it too. Tell me you see how they see it...they know. They know that all you need is love...love one another...they told me to tell you...that's what it's all about...

Really.





















1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures Jackie. It's amazing the amount of emotion that can be captured in a still shot. We should get together next time I'm up in the Orange County area.

    ReplyDelete