Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Los Lobos at HOB

On Friday I was honored and privileged to receive a photo pass for the Los Lobos show at the Anaheim House of Blues. So great. Life is just so great.

It was of course, an awesome show and one that was totally special to me for a couple of reasons.

One: The All Access Photo Pass. I just love it when someone tries to stop me and I flash my badge and say, 'It's all good, man. I'm good to go.' No matter what the event, it's just a good feeling to be on top of the security. At least that's how it makes me feel (especially when I was denied entrance one time at the HOB, but we're not going to get into that now).

Two: I Called the Opener. Neighborhood, by Louie Perez and David Hidalgo. SUCH a great song to open with, and for those of you that are into music and live shows and stuff, you know the rush you get when you call the opening song. It just sets the tone for an awesome show that is unique for you. I can't really describe it. It's just awesome.

Three: My New Cameras. I had met Louie (super awesome songwriter of the band) a few months back and he had just been cleaning out his garage (and I knew this because I follow him on Twitter like a good little fan) and had mentioned he found some old cameras that he never used and was going to get rid of...and that he should give them to me. 'YEA!' I exclaimed at the time with excitement. But then I kind of dismissed it. When was I going to see Louie Perez again, anyway? And when I finally did, how could he ever remember the old cameras for that one photographer he met that one time? Well, the insanely talented and tremendously generous Louie Perez remembered, and had two beautiful cameras for me in mint condition backstage. I was blown away, honored, amazed and forever appreciative of this man's thoughtfulness and generosity. If you don't love Louie Perez yet, please love him now. He's a great musician and a special man.

Here he is with Conrad...doin' how they do...


And everyone should listen to Los Lobos! They are one of the greatest bands of all time and if you're not familiar with their music - change that immediately! You can listen to all their music on their website. I'm not just saying this because I'm still high from an awesome show on Friday...I'm saying it because they are a TRULY GREAT group of musicians.

And then I figured I should look up 'awesome' since I've used it so much in this post: 'extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration; extremely good, excellent.' And in looking back, this definition fits every noun I adjectived it to...so yea. Rock on.

And 'PLEASE, BRING PEACE to the neighborhood!'

2 comments:

  1. Jackie.. kinda freakishly coincidental, but earlier today I looked up "awesome" in my OED (1971) to see what the real meaning of the overused word really was. It's more dreadful and religious than one might think. - Drunkle Casey

    ReplyDelete