Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Lovato Images is officially MOBILE

It's official: Lovato Images has gone mobile. We have just acquired a brand new and beautiful MacBookPro. God love Apple.

My first mac was an iBook. Lovely little machine that took me far. After graduation from college, I graduated to the PowerMac G5. Magnificent mother of a machine that opened my eyes to a whole new world from inside my small rectangle of an office. My life was forever changed, for the better. And for a long time I felt free, full of power, full of capabilities and endless opportunities, all while I sat yards from my pillow and steps from my refrigerator. So great. So great.

And then, suddenly, slowly, surreally...I began to feel limited, constricted and tied down. More like, tied to my desk. If I had to spend a whole day away from my desk, I felt inadequate, inefficient and incomplete. Two days away? I was STRESSED OUT. And that stress has stuck with me...

Now, not all of my stressed is caused by my wonderful PowerMac G5 and the separation anxiety that results from being away for too long. Of course not. But with the addition of a totally mobile, totally transportable, totally capable laptop computer to my work flow, I feel like I could get more things done as I'm on the road or just waiting for my client in Santa Monica to be ready for our 10 o'clock appointment as I wait in the cafe downstairs since 9:30 (as will be the case tomorrow morning; I'm always early to LA shoots!). The point is, I can now work ANYWHERE. And do ANYTHING. And be ANYONE I want to be! All with the help of my fabulous MacBookPro.

Long live Apple!




workin in the morning...


workin thru the day til the evenin'...


workin at supper time!



and good-night!



1 comment: