Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Friday, October 16, 2009

They Found Me

Last weekend I went to Austin and my eyes were opened to many things.

I realized first and foremost, that as a budding business owner, I can't just leave town whenever I want. I love this career of mine because actually, I can leave town almost whenever I want and still maintain a solid business (especially with the help of my new buddy, Mr. MacBook Pro!). However, at this point in my career, with SO MANY things to do to build and solidify my business model and methods, I need to stick it out at the grindstone...spend as much time as possible fine tuning Lovato Images and the way it runs...

Then, as if I didn't already know, my eyes were also opened to how BEAUTIFUL this country is and how vastly diverse each and every city and state can be. My first trip to Texas confirmed my suspicion that Texans are beautiful people with a beautiful culture and that Austin is a unique and utterly charming city. I must go back. I must see Casper and Sydney again, if nothing else.

Finally (not like only three thoughts dawned on me while I was there, but I'm only going to share these three...for now...), my eyes were opened to how Right I was to WAIT to buy cowboy boots until I was in Texas. For years and years (and years!) I have wanted cowboy boots and have tried on dozens of pairs. I have always had a hunch though, that I should wait and buy real live cowboy boots in Texas. Something about Texan made, Texan styled, Texan essenced boots just bubbled some odd energy inside me that somehow stopped me from ever buying boots before I got there. Well. Last weekend, I finally got there. And first on the priority list was to go out in search of the perfect cowboy boots made just for me.

And they found me.

No comments:

Post a Comment