Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wendy and Dustin - Wedding Photography 2010

Wendy was the friend who let me borrow her shirt in 7th grade when I had nothing to wear (which was practically every other day). Wendy was the friend who would go into the bathroom with me to make sure my face looked okay before I passed my crush in the hallway (for whom we had a code name). Wendy was the friend I'd run to when I'd 'run' away (for about an hour until my mom called her house)...I don't think I would have made it through those awkward adolescent years without her.

She was a great friend.

...One that I've thought a lot about over the years since we lost touch. So one can imagine how thrilled I was when Facebook turned up my long lost and great friend...we were in contact again. Life was good.

THEN! Wendy got engaged to the genuine and endearing man that she loves, Dustin. I was even more thrilled when Wendy wanted to hire me to shoot their wedding next year. There is nothing more gratifying than being entrusted with the task of telling the love story of people that I love.

And even though I just met Dustin, there were lovely feelings right away. He wasn't too excited about our engagement session, but every time I told him to look at Wendy, his face just lit up. I could see the love in his eyes as he looked at her, and I knew their beautiful tale would be easy to tell.

Wendy and Dustin, I had so much fun with you in La Jolla. I look so forward to your wedding next year...thank you for honoring me with such a job in your story...

























1 comment:

  1. Beautiful as always Jackie! I don't know why but Google won't allow me to post, it's Michelle Kelch. Hope you had a fun New Year's Eve and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete