Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Light from the Lemons

Laycee found me a little over a year ago through a friend, who had just done a portrait shoot for their little lady (now more commonly known as the little tyrant), and I never knew such a beautiful thing would come out of that first Lemons shoot.

It was actually one of the most awful days I've experienced in a long time. I lived in Yorba Linda and Anaheim Hills for about 15 years, and have developed many lifelong friends and extended family from my time there. And the day that Laycee and Matt brought Seth for his first photo shoot, Yorba Linda and Anaheim Hills was burning down.

The Freeway Complex Fire, as it became known, tragically burned hundreds of homes and threatened thousands more. My parents were evacuated, my brother, my god parents, neighbors, childhood friends, my Cynthia, my Val...everyone. Everyone was in danger, and everyone was hurting that whole weekend as we watched our friends and families on fire.

That Saturday I shot Seth for the first time with the sky ablaze, and the light on his beautiful little face was orange to match. In the next few days it was even a little hard to edit the images, desaturating the warm colors that were cast on his creamy skin as I focused on desaturating the grief inside.

But a new light began to shine when Laycee and Matt loved the images from that shoot - and I instantly began to love Laycee. We're in contact almost daily (thanks to Facebook and Twitter!) and now one of my favorite clients (as she quickly came to be) is beginning to pursue a photography career of her own. Perfection!

Here's the creative chica with her two main men in a lemon grove in Irvine...























stay tuned! another lemon is on the way!


they're expecting!




but for now, Seth's still the main squeeze...





1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH... I love love love these images! Cannot WAIT to see more!

    ReplyDelete