Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Create Art - Creative Photography - Orange County


I am an artist, as you may think you already know. But take away the photography and creative imagery, and I'm still an artist. I create art in ways you may have not yet considered...

I create art in the way I decorate my house.
I create art in the way I care for my plants.
I create art in the way I answer the phone.
I create art in the way I treat my friends.
I create art in the way I make new friends.
I create art in the way I talk to strangers.
I create art in the way I cook.
I create art in the way I accept the meals I've made that don't taste so good.
I create art in the way I collect old clothes.
I create art in the way I organize my bookshelf.
I create art in the way I respond to emails.
I create art in the way I comment on Facebook.
I create art in the way I take notes on topics I value.
I create art in the way I value specific things over others.
I create art in the way I share knowledge.
I create art in the way I desire more knowledge.
I create art in the way I market my business.
I create art in the way I care for my clients.
I create art in the way I sign my name.
I create art in the way I set my goals.
I create art in the way I give.

You see, I am an artist, through and through. Because I am unique, I am open and I am outstretched. I create art every day in almost all that I do, because I am being true to myself, and expressing myself in every way I can. Sure, I'm ordinary in a lot of ways. But I'm still Jackie, doing things the Jackie way with a little Jackie flare.

And the moment you are able to recognize your uniqueness and differentiate yourself with perhaps just a slightly wider smile or a slightly warmer handshake...you'll be able to create more art with more purpose every day yourself.

Read Seth Godin's Linchpin. And start nurturing the artist in you.

And big thanks to my friend Chris Diset for this groovy shot and Doug McNamee and Henry Wang for teaching photog students how to 'Rock it with on Camera Flash' at the Cypress College Photo Expo on Friday. I was happy to help ya'll out for a bit (though my cheeks were tired of smiling for so long, I must admit).

1 comment:

  1. Keep owning it with the Jackie Flare... great photo also

    ReplyDelete