Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Organization - Orange County Photographer - on Business


Organization is key. I have learned the importance of a well organized life, business, office, daily to-do list and everything between...the hard way. Trial and error. Unfortunately, but fortunately too.

And even more fortunate(ly), I have recently come into contact with a wonderful woman who can help us start from the bottom up to better organize our business life. She said this:

HAVE YOU EVER EATEN AN ELEPHANT? Weird question, but it will help you to organize the big projects you have to deal with. Any time you say: 'I don't have time to do this,' think of eating an elephant. It's a VERY BIG job, but you can accomplish it if you just take one bite at a time. When we look at the job as a whole, we get overwhelmed. But taking it just a bite at a time makes it much easier and, maybe, even more enjoyable. Do little bits of the project every day. Only 10-15 minutes a day amounts to over an hour a week. The time adds up quickly. So, the next time you think you don't have the time, think about eating an elephant.

Barb Schmit - Esselte - 714.328.7973
FROM TO DO...TO DONE!


Contact her today to see how she can help you eat an elephant!!!

but really...why would you want to eat an elephant when you could ride one along the jungle cliffs overlooking the sea in Thailand!? (with a monkey on your lap) ???


3 comments:

  1. Looks like Thailand to me there! Love the article. Very catchy opening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yes - what I got from this post is - WHEN are we traveling together again?? I have yet to ride an elephant. I bet you've never been to the ice hotel they make every year in Sweden... and I bet it would make for some amazing photography. Want to go on a trip? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren is soooooooo jealous right now!!.... she loves, loves, loves elephants...

    ReplyDelete