Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Photographer Definition - Lovato Images - Orange County Photography


'I'm still not sure, what kind of photographer are you?' my good friend asked me last night. I guess I need to rethink my marketing efforts, eh?

The truth is, when the camera is in my hands, it doesn't always matter what's in front of me. If the energy is good, and a connection is being made, it works. I love to shoot, I love to connect, I love to create, and I love to tell stories in images.

Maternity
BIRTHING
Babies
Seniors (in high school!)
Families, old and new
Corporate Headshots
BUSINESSES
Products
FOOD
Real Estate
Editorial
DOCUMENTARY
Weddings
Engagements
Travel
LIFE

I love it all. I take it all and create with it all and connect with you through it all. So it's not so easy for me to squash that list and define myself by one type or area of shooting. It's not so easy for one to define oneself anyway. I suppose that's a lifelong journey that will be reviewed and altered until the day we die...

But from a marketing standpoint, definition of services is mandatory. A clearly defined niche and target market is a necessity. And if a photographer were to go after all the potential clients in all the potential fields listed above, it'd be a marketing plan too diluted for any solid effect.

So the marketing plan goes back to the revision stage (as if it's ever out!). The marketing goals go back to the planning stage and the purpose of my work goes back into my heart.

So, what kind of photographer am I?

For now, I'm just a photographer who cares about the quality of my work. And my work isn't just the canvas that hangs on your wall or the jpeg that gets sent out with your email campaign. My work is in the way I talk to you on the phone, the way I laugh with you in front of the lens, the way I listen, watch and feel your story through my entire being until I can click it out with intention and glory into a two dimensional image that will make the world just a little more beautiful, one photograph at a time.

1 comment:

  1. When people ask you what kind of photographer you are, you can say you are the right kind! You are adaptable to all different situations and you can take great photos, regardless of the subject.

    ReplyDelete