Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Kickers ROCK - Senior Portraits - Orange Photography

I asked Nick what he liked to do for fun: take pictures? travel? read? write? Basically I was shoving suggestions on him that were in tune with what I liked to do. 'Don't worry, I'll bring some stuff,' the level headed teen replied.

So when we met in the Orange Circle, the soon-to-be Servite grad had a bag full of himself: a soccer ball, jerseys, maracas, books, a journal and one of the coolest hats I'd ever seen. I was excited about his style almost as much as I was excited about his enthusiasm. And also happy that his dad's concern about his previous session lacking personality would be wiped clean after this shoot was complete.

My friend Jerod had agreed last minute to come and help out and the three of us cruised around the Circle creating fabulous images at every stop we made. Nick was talkative, inquisitive and intelligent in way I wouldn't have imagined. He talked about his goals, his ideas on life and his growth since reading The Secret. I figured I should probably read the book too, finally.

I asked Nick what position he played in football and he replied with a little reservation, 'kicker.'

'What's wrong with being the kicker?' I asked. 'Haven't you seen Necessary Roughness? Kickers ROCK.'

Nick shrugged and the subject got changed.

Then I sent out my newsletter with some images of Nick on it, and to my surprise, a lot of people knew who he was. Not only was he Servite's starting kicker, he kicked the team into their CIF State Championship title with the winning field goal. Like I said, kickers ROCK.



























4 comments:

  1. lack of personality is certainly not an issue with these shots. good stuff jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NaiLed it!!... and CIF winning kickers most definitely ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. senior portraits are so fun! these look great!

    ReplyDelete