Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lovely Lana - Maternity Portraits

I've known Lana for a number of years now, and the little beauty never ceases to amaze me with her warmth and endless positive energy. When I asked her how her pregnancy was going, she shared a few aches and pains but smiled and finished with 'I'm building a baby...I'm building my best friend...it's an amazing process and I'm cherishing every moment of it.' My eyes watered up and my hairs stood on end as I appreciated the miracle glowing in front of me.

And I do appreciate maternity and the graciousness of my clients for opening up to me during that special time. It's not always easy, it's not always comfortable, it's not always fun...but for just an hour or two, sometimes just a moment or a few, these women, these beautiful women, look into my lens and let me in.

And Lana! Oh, the sun shined on her that Saturday in Anaheim Hills. And she shined right back.















And I suppose it's only fair to say that Omar was equally as awesome. After a beer and thirty minutes in front of whatever good game was on tv, he was ready to roll. Thanks, Omar and Lana, those two hours were way too fun!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful set Jackie! Shows great composition, perfect lighting, and best of all... happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures and beautiful couple. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pics! You did a great job, Miss J!

    ReplyDelete