Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Monday, May 24, 2010

SF - What do you see?

It'd be safe to say I had a long week last week.

I started out at Escalate Live 2010, shooting the live video feed for Mission Visual. So for any of you that might have signed on to watch it streamed live on the internet, you were watching through my lens. Kinda fun, I think.

But more than fun, it was an incredibly insightful and motivating couple of days. Some of the speakers totally blew my mind, and two of them touched me very deeply. I'll have to expand on that impact further, later.

But it definitely kicked me off to a week of better vision. Escalate, 12 hours of solid and stimulating conversation with a good friend, getting to know better a new good friend, missing old friends, some good wine with more good friends and all the while, hustling for Lovato Images and making 14 clients and subjects completely satisfied...all opened my eyes this week to bigger and better things. The grass is definitely growing a little greener.

I woke up early on Saturday morning to drive back for a beautiful engagement session and this was staring at me through my lovely Haight apartment. I was exhausted. I still kind of am. But honestly, the grass in my yard is a little greener, my skies are a little bluer, and my work as an artist, business owner and friend is slowly but surely getting better and better. I see it that way, anyway.

But it's really all about how YOU see things. So what do you see?



Thanks again for the hospitality, Dave and Nicole. Looking fwd to spending more time with you guys soon!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could accompany you on all your shoots. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, it was so great seeing you, too bad it was a short time. Keep up the great work and come back soon, San Francisco loves you!!!

    ~Mariana

    ReplyDelete