Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Friday, December 11, 2009

an email string worth sharing...

Hey "Friend,"

Thank you so much for the kind words...and for the drive! Your journey and your change of focus is inspiring. And I look forward to hearing more about it.

I didn’t respond to this yesterday because I wanted more time to write to you. I feel like I could share more with you, as we didn’t get too much time last week. So.

I don’t know. I’m no genius. I’m no saint. I just know that when I feel hurt, or sad, or dispirited or dejected...it sucks. And I don’t want to feel that way. And I do believe in the power of positive thinking...I believe in it so much that I know it can take away pain or sickness or even cancer. I believe this. I’ve seen it. And so, I choose to think positively. It’s a conscious choice, and sometimes it’s a very hard one to make and continue to focus on...but as hard as it may be at times, it’s even harder to be depressed and down and negative. Right?

I think you’ve had a lot of shit happen. I don’t know your whole story. But most stories have sad dumps and dives...if they didn’t, the good wouldn’t be so good. It’s easy to let it drag you down...it’s easy to walk around in a cloud...but it’s SO MUCH better to be clear and concise on what you want and be positive throughout it all.

Honestly...this year’s been tough for me. Really tough. But would you have ever known it? If I say life is hard, then it is. If I say life is beautiful, then it is! I walk around talking about how great it is, and it manifests itself and my life is good.

And it IS good. I have a roof over my head, food to eat, family and friends that I can lean on and laugh with and love, and a dog who thinks I’m the most important and precious thing in the world. Life is good.

Focus on the positive, and the sharper the positive will be. Look for the light, and the light will reveal all the beauty in the world.

Call me idealistic, call me a dreamer...it’s just the way I choose see it. And it looks great.

Babbling-life-lover, signing out,
Jackie



On 12/10/09 7:40 AM, "Friend" wrote:

You rule! Great writing (as always) Since we talked about it last week, a positive outlook especially in the face of adversity has become my priority. I want to seek out my inspiration, open my life and career to love, greatness and possibilities. For now seeing your enthusiasm, skill and hard work is inspiring.


From: Lovato Images
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 02:59:07 -0500
To: "Friend"
Subject: *inspiration, self-giving and learning about your light*


I N S P I R A T I O N
sunrise at 10,000 feet above the clouds on Mt. Haleakala, Maui, HI

'What inspires you,' she said, and she posed it not so much as a question, but more of an instruction to go find it... And while I'm still a drinker, a joker and a soul searcher, I've come to find more inspiration in positive thinking than in anything else. I can do it. I will. I did and I'm off to do more. So this month I urge you to do more. I urge you to go find your inspiration and to share it. Go get it and give it. The holidays are upon us but more importantly, the end of the year is near. Take a moment to be still, reflect and become aware of what it is that inspires you. Is it dance? Music? Travel? Being around people? Being alone? Go find out.


SIGN UP for LOVATO IMAGES emails HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment