Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Introducing Author Robin Benway

I started writing this post about why I enjoy shooting family portraits...and it quickly turned into a sappy love story with sunshine and sea breeze, feathers and fluff that I figured didn't really do justice to how great the Schultz and Benway family really are anyway, so I just highlighted it all and deleted it and before I finish the longest run-on sentence in the world, figured I should announce my decision to do a post about the amazing, talented, hilarious, beautiful, amazing and wonderful ROBIN BENWAY (yes, I did put amazing in there twice on purpose).

Robin Benway was a young lover of life just like myself one day, doin' the daily grind, listening to music to escape, positive about most things despite of it all, until one day she realized, she wasn't happy doin' the daily grind anymore. So she called her brother, called her mother, and quit life as she knew it. She was going to finally start writing and become the author she was destined to be.

She was listening to a song about a boy who's heart was broken by a girl and wa wa wa...and wondered...I wonder what her side of the story would say...and she snapped her fingers and Audrey, Wait! was written, published and loved by many.

It took a little more than that, obviously, and Robin has done a lot and grown a lot and become a lot since the first page of Audrey was written...but I gotta say, this woman is amazing (third reference, yep). She's smart, witty, warm, generous and sharp in a way that impresses me every time I talk to her. And it comes out in her writing!

I loved, learned, laughed out loud and literally read this book at a few stop lights because it was so engaging and so good. So read Audrey, Wait! and then next year, look for THE EXTRAORDINARY SECRETS OF APRIL, MAY & JUNE in August!

Oh, AND, enjoy some awesomeness from Robin and her family from our shoot last weekend in Laguna...
















No comments:

Post a Comment