Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Medical Supplies Needed - Medical Mission to Tanzania - Triage and Documentary Photography

I’m sitting in the conference room at church. The medical mission team members are gathering their things, packing up leftovers, chatting about how to pack medication between clothing and which clothing is best and where to get scrubs and what else we should remember to bring…

I’m overwhelmed yet grounded. I’m anxious yet filled with peace. I’m totally unprepared, yet never been more ready.



I’m going to Africa.

It’s so small of me to think of MYSELF right now. That I am going to Africa. I should be thinking about them. About all the people I will meet, and help and share with…about all the people who need medical aid that we will service.

I will continue to think of them and Him. For He has made me able to help them.

And you can help too. We need supplies. If you have access or know anyone who might have access to one or two or six of these items, please contact me. Donations are graciously accepted, but we’ll buy what we need too.

Thank you.

Stethoscope

Oto-opthalmoscope

Blood pressure cuffs

Flashlight/pen light

Black ink pens (sharpies)

Scrubs

Mask (n-95)

Gloves

Tape measures (cm)

Hand sanitizer/wipes/bandaids

Antibiotic ointment

PEP Medications (need two packs)

Pill counters

Zip lock bags

Pill trays

Spatulas

Pharm bags

Eyeglasses

Oral rehydration salts

Anti worm meds

Anti diarrhea meds

Cough cold meds

Asthma meds

Eye infection meds

DERM meds (anti fungal creams)

Dip sticks


And God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment