Life as a photographer, editor, and entrepreneur has driven me to some fabulous places and I like to document it with images, but also with words. So thank you for coming to take a peek. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon to consume some more of who I am and what I do.

Monday, March 15, 2010

He's Got Me - Lifestyle Photography


I went to church this morning...and the moment I walked in, the Holy Spirit wrapped His arms around me and didn't let go.

The sanctuary was smaller and darker than the one I'm used to, but the Light filled me more than it ever had. There was a thickness to the air, with the incense dominating my nose, but my allergies were calm in a way I've never known. The music was different, but it entered my ears and my heart like the voice of God Himself. I wept.

Throughout the service I sniffled back tears and my skin tingled with all hairs standing on end. I felt humbled, and little and unworthy to be standing in such a greatness of life. I felt like the Greatest Good was literally holding me, arms wrapped around, hugging tight, welcoming me home.

And now I lay here in the sun, with the Light and Smell and Sound of God still all around me. And I wonder, why did it take me so long? And where do I go from here?

2 comments:

  1. is that a shot at Chapman University???... i dont really know how I know that.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally. took the pup for a walk and before i left my block, wanted to lay down. made it far enough to the univ and there was this amazing classical music playing from some random (and high quality) speakers. gotta love that 40k/yr tuition! it aids in a nice life for neighbors like me!

    ReplyDelete